Bowers & Wilkins Redefines Wireless Sound Without Compromise with the Introduction of their New Formation ® Suite
New set of audio components equipped with exclusive technologies to offer the Highest Expression of Sound ™, without cables
MENLO PARK, California, April 22, 2019 – Bowers & Wilkins , the global leader in high-performance sound, today launches the Formation Suite suite of wireless audio components to fill any residential space with uncompromising sound.
This family of products seamlessly integrates Hi-Fi performance and comfort, redefining class performances in the most genuine Bowers & Wilkins pioneering tradition .
“ The Formation Suite is the newest and most technologically innovative line of wireless products ever created by our development team. We are setting a new bar for excellence in the world of wireless sound, demonstrating that the fidelity of traditional wired systems can be achieved wirelessly , ”said Greg Lee, CEO of Bowers & Wilkins. “ The completely new Wireless Formation Technology enables sound fidelity never before experienced. Consumers can now enjoy the high-performance sound they expect from Bowers & Wilkins with the convenience of wireless systems. With Formation, we are embracing the superior quality sound that Bowers & Wilkinsit is world-renowned and coupled with an unmatched and extremely easy-to-use wireless listening experience, to the point of making it the new standard of excellence in home audio . ”
With over 50 years at the forefront of acoustic engineering, Bowers & Wilkins is in a position to offer consumers an immersive, seamless, Hi-Fi sound system with no wires. Equipped with Bowers & Wilkins’ iconic technical solutions in the field of audio and the new and patented Wireless Formation Technology, the Formation Suite is the Highest Expression of Sound.
- Patented High Robustness Network – Developed to cover the entire house without impacting the quality of your home network. Our proprietary network enables seamless sound and sets a new standard of excellence in streaming quality and speaker sync.
- Perfect Loudspeaker Synchronization – An imperceptible synchronization between loudspeakers of just a microsecond duration within the same room allows them to work in perfect harmony to provide an unprecedented listening experience. The resulting sound is assimilable to listening to live music in a living room.
- 24 Bit / 96 kHz Resolution Audio – High resolution streaming with twice the fidelity offered by the current leading brand of wireless speakers that creates denser, richer, and class leading sound without loss of data.
FORMATION DUO VIDEO
- Formation Duo Wireless Speaker – Thanks to the same carbon dome tweeter technology mounted on top of the enclosure and the same Continuum cone used by Bowers & Wilkins’ iconic wired speaker cabinets, experience a legendary sound now , without cables.
FORMATION BASS VIDEO
- Formation Bass Wireless Active Subwoofer – Opposite speakers, powerful amplifiers and Dynamic EQ provide extremely accurate depth and sound dimension without distortion. Combined with other Formation components, it allows to obtain the no more in sound immersion.
FORMATION BAR VIDEO
- Wireless Formation Bar Sound Bar – Nine optimized speakers – with dedicated center channel – provide an extensive sound scene that will allow the user to feel at all times as if they were in the center of the action.
Each of the Formation Suite products includes an optimized user interface that allows you to configure and commission it in a few moments, in addition to a cutting-edge design specifically conceived for superior acoustics.
“ Three years ago, I had the vision to embrace Bowers & Wilkins’ 50 years of acoustic engineering experience and success and combine them with Silicon Valley automation know-how, creating a simple, powerful, and incredibly sound user experience. Today, it is amazing to witness how this vision takes shape, opening the door to the next chapter of the sound experience. The Formation Suite introduces consumers to unparalleled wireless sound technology in the high-quality audio industry and shows the true innovation that this company is capable of. And this is just the beginning because there is so much more to come, “said Gideon Yu, Co-Chair of Bowers & Wilkins