What is CCTV and what is its function?
How does a CCTV work?
Due to the development of new technologies, there are many types of CCTV, analog, digital, with or without cables that vary in their way of operation, the equipment is basically the same, cameras, lenses, cables and a monitor are required to view the images.
The monitors can be shared by several cameras so that one is not needed for each camera connected to the system, some teams divide the screen into four or more parts to see the simultaneous images of all the cameras, others allow us to select which camera we want to monitor, Current technologies make it possible to connect multiplexers that electronically incorporate these controls.
Get to know our custom CCTV systems
Objectives of a CCTV or closed-circuit television
- CCTV systems have become fundamental support in the prevention and control of loss and risks, as well as supervision to improve the effectiveness of companies.
- The supervision and control of clients and employees is more effective with the use of CCTV systems, the support of this task with intelligent systems makes this work very simple with a small number of people.
- The coverage areas are more extensive, reducing surveillance costs and being more effective in terms of security.
- The control of losses due to theft is more effective and not only because people know that they are being recorded, but also because the culprits are easily discovered when reviewing the recordings.
- The existence of CCTV systems alone represents a deterrent, some companies prefer the use of cameras with sizes and appearances that are threatening to people with unhealthy intentions.
- Criminal actions are recorded and can be used as evidence of crimes in lawsuits or legal actions or justified dismissal of employees who commit irregularities.
- The analyzes of the reasons that originate failures in the production of companies are corrected by reviewing the videos and identifying the reasons that originate them, preventing them from happening again.
- A recurring concern of companies is to improve the quality of service, in this sense CCTV systems play an important role in the review of processes in the search for perfection.